Monday, March 29, 2010

YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND IN MARIA PANLILIO

THESE ARE JUST SOME OF THE PEOPLE FOR WHOM I HARBOR SOME OF THE FONDEST MEMORIES IN MY MIND. I HAVE JUST STARTED THIS BLOG; THROUGH THIS GREAT WEB OF SOCIAL NETWORKS, I HOPE TO REESTABLISH CONTACT WITH THEM AND RELIVE SOME OF THESE MEMORIES.  THIS WILL BE A HUGE UNDERTAKING, I KNOW, FOR I HAVE BEEN BLESSED TO HAVE GARNERED SO MANY FRIENDS IN MY LIFE.



















_________________________________________________________________________________

The little Chinese girl was my "adopted" sister through the "BIG BROTHERS, BIG SISTERS PROGRAM". I was living in Cincinnati then. As a Big Sister, I entertained her with picnics at the park, exploring museums and the zoo, took her to some of my family gatherings, shopping, and just plain chats.  I taught her how to draw and we read a lot together.



















__________________________________________________________________________________
Above is a team picture of the indoor champion 5.0 Career Women Tennis Team (80's - 90's)
while I was still living in Cincinnati,, Ohio. For their privacy, I will not reveal their names here. I had so much fun playing tennis with these superb players.



















__________________________________________________________________________________
ABOVE is a picture of the former Senator Niki Coseteng of the Philippines. I haven't seen her since her visit in San Diego. This picture was taken in Colorado sometime in 2006, during the promotion of the book "Sinaunang Habi". We stayed in contact for a while, then it ended because she and I began to travel the world (separately).

___________________________________
MORE TO COME.  TUNE IN NEXT TIME.























1 comment: